Raising a concern with Children's Service
If you have a concern or complaint about Jersey Children’s Services, it is best to try to resolve this directly with the service as quickly as possible.
- You should first contact your social worker or their team manager
- If they are unable to help resolve your concern, you can speak to a head of Service
- You can also raise your complaint through the Government central complaints system
Government information on the how to raise a concern or make a complaint to Children's Service is available at:
The link below also gives quick access to an online form to raise a concern directly:
You are also able to raise your concerns:
Human Rights Info and Advice
- Human Rights Information and Advice
- I believe my child's rights have not been upheld
- Raising a concern with Children's Service
- Raising a concern with Health or Mental Health Services
- Raising a concern with the Jersey Police
- Raising a concern with Education
- I have made a formal complaint to the service concerned
Childline: 0800 1111
Childline is a free, private and confidential service where you (as a child or young person) can talk about anything. Whatever your worry, whenever you need help, Childline is available for you, online, on the phone, anytime.
Calls from Jersey may be chargeable from mobiles and the number will appear on your mobile bill. To call Childline free from Jersey, try using a landline or phone box.
You can find out how to contact Childline online by visiting their website here.
Childline is available:
24 hours a day, 7 days a week
Children and Families Hub: 01534 519000
If you have a concern about a child in Jersey, please contact the Children and Families Hub.
You can also email the Hub at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Children and Families Hub working hours are 8:30am-5pm Monday to Thursday; and 8:30am-4:30pm on Friday.
An out-of-hours service will operate at other times: the duty social worker can be reached by calling the Hub (01534 519000) and selecting option 4 or via the Hospital Switchboard on 442000.
The Children and Families Hub also offers support, advice and information for families.